Friday, 29 March 2013

This year, last year

Trying to be as concise as possible today, I offered, "Climate is the range, weather is the variation within the range." Seems fair enough to me. Others may disagree. This photo shows why I preferred what the variation brought last year, but is the range changing? It was a useful stimulus for discussion through physics, chemistry, biology, ecology, politics and economics.

 

It's interesting how annoyed many people get when I say, "I don't know" during discussions and debates. There is such a strong tendency for people to feel they must decide on a definite opinion, however limited the evidence. Why?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you just can't win. 'I don't know (however honest)' irritates people and sometimes opinions irritate them at least as much.

    ReplyDelete